Fresh fruit crostata with italian custard cream
Fruit tart is a classical Italian dessert, perfect for summer. Colorful and delicious, it’s the summer variant of jam crostata. You can choose the fruit you want. For this recipe I chose red grapes, banana, kiwi and strawberries.
The origins of this dessert are mixed with myth, because of its ancient origins and the lack of reliable sources. Legend tells that the gods have given to the siren Parthenope, who lived in the Gulf of Naples, this cake, as a tribute to his wonderful way of singing.
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
REST TIME: 30 minutes
COOK TIME: 40 minutes
TOT TIME : 80 minutes
SERVES: 2 – 4 people
10.5 oz. of bleached all propose flour
3.5 oz. of butter
3.5 oz. of sugar
1 tsp of active dry yeast
homemade italian custard
- Start with making the custard. Recipe here. Let it cool in the fridge.
- Put the flour in a bowl, make on hole on it. In the middle of the hole add sugar, butter, eggs, lemon zest and 1 teaspoon of active dry yeast.
- Mix the ingredients all together and make a ball with the dough.
- Put the dough in plastic wrap and put in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Lay the dough with a rolling pin and transfer the dough in a tart pan of 8.6 inch. Bake at 356 F for 40 minutes.
- Add custard cream with the help of a spatula and then add fresh fruit at your choice.
- Refrigerate before serve.