How to make Italian pizza at home
Crunchy pizza even at home? It took me several experiments (for several I mean at least one pizza a week for several months), but in the end I found the secret ingredient!
To be able to get the typical crispness of pizza like in pizzeria, I realized that at the simple flour, I had to combine a little of semolina flour. Obviously you will never get a pizza identical to that of the pizzeria, not having the right oven, but it is very close.
PREPARATION: 10 min
COOK TIME : 10 min
REST TIME : 2 h
TOT TIME : 2 h e 20 min
SERVES: 2 people
10.5 oz of all purpose flour
7 oz of semolina flour
10 fl oz. of warm water
2 table spoon of salt
2 teaspoon of sugar
1 satchel of dried yeast
2 table spoon of olive oil
1 can of polpa (finely chopped tomatoes)
1 mozzarella (with no water)
oregano to taste
salt to taste
black pepper to taste
olive oil to taste
- Make the dough at least 2 hours before. Then, put in a bowl the two flours, the yeast, sugar and olive oil.
- Dissolve 2 table soon of salt in the warm water. Then add the salty water to the mixture, little by little, stirring.
- After all the water is finished, continue to mix with your hands for a few minutes. Obtained a smooth and uniform dough, put it back in its bowl, covering with plastic wrap and a clean cloth. Leave to rest for 2 hours.
- In a bowl pour the tomato sauce and season it with olive oil, salt, pepper and oregano.
- Cut the mozzarella into small pieces.
- After two hours, turn the oven on at 250 °. Divide the mass into two loafs. Roll out the first one with a rolling pin.
- Place the dough in the pizza pan and season it with the sauce. Follow the same procedure with the second loaf.
- Bake the pizza for 5 minutes, then take out of the oven, add the mozzarella and bake again for another 5 minutes.
- Finally take it out of the oven and serve your pizza.